Level 3 First Aid at Work Refresher Course (FAWR)
This course updates the first aid skills of those who need to renew their statutory First Aid at Work certificate and whose existing certificate is still valid (the expiry date of your current certificate must be no earlier than 28 days before the last day of the requalification course). This must be adhered to as part of the booking process.
Included in the course :
- Roles and responsibilities of First Aider
- BLS (Basic Life Support and CPR)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Examination techniques
- Heart attack and angina
- Shock and control of Bleeding
- Asthma, Epilepsy, Diabetes
- Poisoning, inhalation of fumes/gas
- Treatment of Burns
- Eye injuries
- Practical Splinting/Bandaging
- Hypothermia and the effects of heat and cold
- Moving and handling
- Reporting and recording
- What to carry in a first aid kit
The certificate is valid for 3 years
Note - We strongly recommend that first aiders undertake annual refresher training. Although not mandatory, this will help qualified first aiders maintain their basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to first-aid procedures.
Instructor / Trainee Ratio: 1 : 12 (maximum)
Course Duration : 2 days (12 hours contact time)
What's included: Our courses include instruction, presentation, handouts and use of first aid equipment.
Where to find us
Highway 2 First Aid
19B Mary Countess Way
Tel: 07747 630566
Annual Skill Updates
We strongly recommend that First Aiders Undertake yearly refresher training. Highway 2 First Aid runs 3 hour update sessions.